Offshore Wind Design AS offer feasibility, FEED (front-end engineering design studies), reasearch and development and cost optimization studies and work for both the bottom fixed and floating offshore wind industry. Using the experience from the subsea oil and gas industry, we and our partners can provide support or complete work packages for the following feasibility and optimization studies.
- Establish the functional design specification (FDS)
- Geotechnical evaluation and analysis
- Preliminary structural engineering and design
- Interfaces, QHSE and risk assessment
- Fabrication, testing and large scale fabrication
- Transport, installation of structures
- Project sustainability and local content
- Technology qualification
The offshore wind feasibility studies could be kicked off by a desk top study gathering relevant offshore wind market intelligence to establish the basis for the conceptual design or product development. The study should list the challenges and the technology gaps that need to be closed for the project to be feasible. As the main driver for offshore wind developments and innovations are cost reduction, commercial feasibility will always be included in the evaluation. The technology and commercial gaps will be further evaluated, and the feasibility established when compared to the available offshore wind technology.